Most people have a day to day skincare routine, but that doesn’t mean that their skincare routine is beneficial or that it is doing the most good for their skin. Even if you’re using the highest quality skincare regimen, like Genucel by Chamonix, you might be missing out on all the benefits if you don’t do these in the right order or follow basic guidelines. To figure out how to make the most of your skincare routine, check out this “day in the life of” guide and see where you can make improvements.
Understand Your Skin Type
When it comes to things like cleansers and spot treatments, not all skin is equal. If you have oily skin, you’ll need a different cleanser or acne treatment than someone with combination, normal, or dry skin. For reference:
- normal skin is defined as skin that is usually without blemishes or imperfections, often described as “radiant” or “clear-looking”. Typically, these skin types have the least issues with cleansers, moisturizers, and skincare products.
- combination skin is skin that requires specific upkeep in areas. For instance, a person with combo skin might have flawless-looking cheeks but an oily looking nose with blackheads from time to time. It is important to use targeted cleansing products and serums for these types of skins.
- dry skin is any skin that looks visibly dry, has red and irritated patches and no visible pores. Using a deep moisturizer is critical to increasing skin’s elasticity and plumpness.
- oily skin is defined as skin that has large pores, often has a reddish tint, and skin that looks oily. Getting on top of hydration and practicing proper cleansing techniques is essential to reducing shine and blemish breakouts.
Determine your skin type, seeking help from a dermatologist if needed, and seek out products specific to your skin type for a more effective skincare routine.
Hydrate All Day Long
Your skin thrives on water, yet, it is such a simple and effective part of the skincare routine that so many of us leave out. Before you change anything in your skincare routine, be sure you are getting enough water. Women should be drinking at least three Nalgene bottles full of water each day for optimal health. Get up to this and you’ll notice a big difference in the vitality and elasticity of your skin, as well.
Day Routine — In This Order!
So, you’ve determined your skin type and made a commitment to include more water in your diet. Now, it’s time to commit yourself to the ultimate skincare routine. Here’s what dermatologists and the experts at Genucel recommend. And yes, it is important to do it in this order – it’s what allows your skin to make the most of each ingredient.
- Cleanse Your Face. Time to wash out the deep moisturizing treatment, drool, and sandman sand from the night before. Your face generates oil in your sleep, so best to start with a fresh slate. This will leave you with no barrier, cosmetic or otherwise, between your skin and the benefits of your treatments.
- Tone Your Face. Toner removes the remainder of whatever is left on your face – oil, dirt, missed makeup from last night’s cleansing ritual. Additionally, it evens out your skin tone, which allows you to use less makeup later in the process.
- Use Antioxidants. Your skin likely had a rough day yesterday. The average face is exposed to chemicals, smog, and other nasties through the air. Using an antioxidant cream on the skin, like Genucel Plant Stem Cell Therapy or Genucel XV provides your skin with the vitamins and minerals, as well as other antioxidants, that your skin needs to repair itself and fight against the impurities of the day.
- Use an Eye Cream. The eye cream should come after your overall antioxidant application, as it is important to let your skin get its food before it gets its medicine. The eye cream, like Genucel’s eyelid treatment, will work to firm and tighten the skin.
- Use Your Jawline Treatment. Your jawline is often missed in the procedure, so make sure to pay it a little extra love by using a targeted treatment, like Genucel’s Jawline Treatment.
- Use Your Serums. Once you’ve nourished and gotten targeted firming into action, work on your specific blemishes by breaking out the serum. Genucel’s deep firming serum works to lessen the appearance of the wrinkles on your face and should be applied before moisturizer.
- Give a few moments for all your targeted treatments to set, then work on moisturizing your face. Moisturization is key to keeping the face looking plump and youthful, so this is not a step to skip over.
- Apply SPF Protection. It doesn’t matter how old you are – you will always need to protect yourself against the sun in order to prevent further wrinkles.
Night Routine – In This Order!
You thought that all routines were the same, but you should be doing things slightly differently at night! Take a look at this modified routine for your nighttime ritual.
- Remove Makeup. This can come in the form of an initial wash followed by step two, or you can use your favorite oil-based remover all over your face.
- Cleanse Face. Using a cleanser that’s right for your skin type, remove any remaining makeup and oil remover for a completely clean face. Or, wash your face a second time, if you prefer a double-cleanse method.
- Tone Your Face. Use the same toner you used this morning or opt for a toner with a calming scent like lavender or rose petals.
- Use an Eye Cream. Genucel’s eyelid cream may be used safely twice a day for this step.
- Use Your Serums. You might want to add on a nighttime-specific serum as well as re-using Genucel’s Deep Firming Serum before you go to sleep.
- Hydrate or Moisturize. No need to add SPF, but you’ll want to make sure that you replace the oils that you removed when you washed. Otherwise, you could end up with dry or over-oily skin, creating breakouts when you sleep.
Stick by these tried and true routines and your skin will thank you. For greater results for all skin types, be sure to try Genucel by Chamonix along with your regular cleansing, toning, and hydrating practices.
Read more from Genucel: