Rum Health Benefits. Rum is an alcoholic drink prepared from sugarcane juice or molasses. Blow Your Minds! Everyone has a favorite drink. It could just be a cup of coffee or a cup of tea! Or it could be a shot of beer, Rum is classic malted alcoholic drink in history. Drinking rum is not only a wonderful treat but it is also good for you. The benefits of rum include lowering blood pressure and relieving stress. It is produced from the process of fermentation. Rum has been a part of traditional and cultural drink in the Caribbean. Rum is the first branded spirit ever made.
Some of the most interesting and unusual health benefits of brandy include its ability to slow the signs of aging, boost heart health, and improve sleep.
Health Benefits of rum nutrition when consumed in moderation:
- Overall prolonged length of life-span
- Reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Muscle pain, which is also known as intermittent claudication, can be alleviated through its consumption. But again, moderation is key. Intermittent claudication (muscle pain) can be kept off by its intake. Osteoporosis is prevented by its consumption as it aids in increasing the bone mineral density.
- Reduces risk of death associated with major health impairments
- It can be consumed when a person is suffering from common cold due to its anti-microbial properties. It also creates a warming and soothing effect on the overall body.
- Decreases the risk of someone acquiring Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Lowers the chances of an individual developing diabetes.
- Rum can be used as an antiseptic when not other antibacterial agent is accessible.
- A serving of rum can reduce anxiety and be worthy of a good night’s rest.
- Reduce the risk of cancer and increase longevity. Having it in moderation can reduce the risk of getting cancer. It can therefore, lead to longevity too.
Rum has medicinal properties that were especially useful for armies at war until a few decades ago. Moderate drinking of rum is associated with prolonged life. It can increase the life span by 2-5 years. Rum is used in various cocktails like rum punch. Desserts, ice-creams, cakes and tea use rum to attain its taste and flavor. The most expensive rum in the world lacks a specific name but more than makes up for it in price. One of the most popular drinks of this variety is known as the Rum Sour. It was conceived in Barbados and is served in a conch shell!